This weekend something very special happened and to celebrate i decided to finally try out a pinappleboat.
Fruit boats are basically just hollowed halved fruits most often stuffed with other foods or liquids. It’s perfect for parties or sharing with others. It does not only look good it also tastes incredibly marvelous. I guarantee you it will impress everyone.
I finally have some free time on my hands and summer is almost here. The weather is hot enough, the lake a nice refreshment and the woods a place to hide from the heat. The only thing that is missing is the summer break.
What you’ll need:
- Whole Pinapple
- Sharp long knife
- Small knife
- a spoon
- 3-5 frozen bananas
- small amount of pineapple cubes
- raspberries (I used frozen ones)
- Drizzle of lemon juice
- an orange
- Kiwi (optional)
- Cut the pineapple in half with a long sharp knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and a small knife.
Tip: Make sure the pineapple is ripe so it’s easier to scoop the flesh out. A ripe pineapple is golden brown/yellow to orange
and has nearly no green spots left. Brown ones are most often overripe or rotten so look out for one that smells fresh
and sweet at the bottom. The leaves should be green and easy to remove.
- Cool the pineapple while you make your banana nice cream. For the ice cream peel the orange and set aside. Take your banana coins out of the freezer and put them in your blender or mixer. once they are crushed add the orange and mix. When they are well combined add some fresh pineapple and (frozen) Raspberries. Mix again.
- Arrange your tropical Ice cream into the fruit bowl and top it off with any fruit you want. I decided to decorate mine with a sliced up kiwi and some dried mulberries.
- Enjoy your fruit vacation.