Drinking Green Tea has become a daily Habit of mine in the past and I love my daily Cup of Dried Herbal Tea. Lately I neglected this Ritual a little bit as the heat was unbearable. So what better way to still get my daily Dose of Green Tea in, than making Green Tea infused matcha Ice Cream.
Some Days Nearly every Day I feel the need to be crafty and make something special, most often very time consuming. I can get pretty creative when i am passionate about something and whenever I try to suppress this urge to get something perfectly done my Brain seems to overflow with ideas and picture/recipe ideas which leads into a completely mess. I sometimes feel as if my Brain bombs me with all these amazing ideas that just can’t all fit into my everyday schedule. So write them all down and try to materialize them as soon as possible. This time it was completely different. All I wanted was a lush matcha icecream. The outcome was elusively delicious. I was really tentative with this one as it was a an completely uncharted experiment. But I have to pat myself, because THIS ice cream is THE BOMB. The earthy bitter green tea accommodated with the Sweet Bananas like a match made in Heaven. The Sauce was more of a spontaneous decision to jazz it all up. Boy, did this made a difference. Definitely try out this sauce on dessert or as a dressing. It will make you drool. I swear! Since I no longer want to tease you here’s the Recipe. Green Tea Ice cream:
- Banana Ice cream (I used 4-5 Bananas)
- ½ tbsp Arabic Green Tea Blend (including dried flowers, dried mango, dried passionfruit and other exotical herbs) Any other good quality green tea will do it too.
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- 5 Apricots
- 1 tsp maca powder. Use less at first and add some more if you are familiar with the flavor.
- optional: shredded coconut flakes. It gives everything an even more tropical Taste.
- A teeny tiny splash of lime or lemon.
- Crush the dried green tea herbs in a mortal and add some water. crush again and combine everything.
- Blend the frozen Bananas into small chunks and add the green tea broth including the leaves. Measure the matcha out and add it. Blend everything. If needed add some water so the ice cream texture is frothy and smooth.
- Store in a small container/dish in the refrigerator.
- Blend the Apricots with the rest of the ingredients with a hand blender.
- Taste it and adjust it depending on your liking.
- serve everything on a chilled plate and drizzle the sauce ontop. Sprinkle some green tea leaves or coconut flakes on top.
- Serve and Enjoy.