Regardless what Foodie and Foodbloggers claim. We all have a go-to Recipe that we can rely on and isn’t even a full Recipe. Sometimes it is just an odd mix of things thrown together in a hectic situation, that then turns out to be the most delightful and delumptious thing you have ever tasted.
THIS happens a lot to me and i feel a little bit bad to make such a big thing out of it. The Recipe I am going to share with you today is probably the most easiest and short cut ones. It only has 2 ingredients + spices if you want to add any.
Nonetheless it will blow your mind as it does not only taste uber delicious but it is also gluten-, nut-, soy-, dairy-, wheat- and fat-free.
WOW that is a long list. But it won’t disappoint you 😉
- 100 grams dry Buckwheat
- 80-100 grams pitted medjoul dates (I used mazafati as I had them by hand)
- Optional: Spices such as cinnamon, cardamon, allspice, carob, cacao… etc.
- TIP: Drizzle some lemon juice in and it will be THE BOMB. Seriously It will taste a thousand times better and fresher.
- Soak the buckwheat grains for 8-12 hours, drain them and but them in a jar/container and store for 4-8 hours in a dark place or covered under a kitchen towel. Wet them again and store for another period. then wet and place them near a window for apron. 20 minutes. This allows them to sprout well. Go ahead and use them as they are or wet, drain and store them in a dark place again.
- Pit your dates and place with the sprouted Buckwheat in a food processor. Combine them and add your spices/lemon Juice.
- Form into Balls and place them in the refrigerator till they harden up.
- Enjoy 🙂
So now you can be creative and mix in whatever you want to make your own unique bliss Balls. if you do so please tag #blueeyedkitchencat I would Love to see some Foodie Pictures of you 🙂
Lots of Love and Flavor, the blueeyedkitchencat xoxo