We all know the oh-so-famous Mini Jaffa Cake Cookies. Soft spongy Cake Bases with a bittersweet tangy Jellypaste covered in crunchy Chocolate. Once you take a bite everything collapses and you are left with deconstructed Layers and the delicate taste of Citrus, chocolate and a way too sweet cookie cake. I never could decide how to eat these things. One I ate starting from the bottom being only left with the jam-like filling and chocolate plate. The next was devoured upside down. While others where started with eating the chocolate first…. This problem gladly sheds when it comes to these delicious mini Bites. (Although… they aren’t even that mini…) Once you take a bite of this cute little sweet delicacies you get a gooey citrusy chocolate Flavor that has a slightly hint of Christmas. They are as always completely raw vegan and glutenfree. I can assure you that you can’t et enough of these munchies. This Plate was cleaned in less then 30 minutes and I only shared two… so, Yeah.. They ARE Addictive! Makes about 20-21 Balls Recipe:
- 100 grams dry Buckwheat (Soak and Sprout it just as I explained HERE)
- 80-100 gras pitted Dates (medjouls or mazafati work Best)
- half a lemon or lime (I mixed)
- Spices: Cacao, cinnamon, cloves, maca (you can vary those)
- cacao Butter
- cacao Powder
- Zest of an organic washed lemon
- Blend the sprouted Buckwheat Groats along with the fitted Dates and Lemon Juice. Add in your sides and taste test it. Adjust with spices or more lemon.
- Form them to balls and Set them for about 1 hour aside in the freezer to harden up.
- Make the Chocolate sauce in the meantime. I used this Super simple Basic Recipe.
- Drizzle the Chocolate sauce over the Bliss Balss and sprinkle the lemon Zest over. Let them chill in the freezer for another hour or simply serve when needed.
Disclaimer: The Bliss Balls are not going to hold their shape for too long as I didn’t use any Fats such as Coconut oil or Nuts. They will melt away when exposed to the sun or heat for longer than 10 minutes. I personally think they taste best when enjoyed slightly thawed (5-10 min.) as they will be really mushy, soft and completely lush. Please feel free to add 1 Tbsp to the mix to make them harden up. But then once again you won’t have the full Taste adventure as their Flavor comes trough best when they are oozy-gooey and soft. Lots of Love and Flavor, the blueeyedkitchencat xoxo