Who doesn’t Love a good old vintage style dessert? Well my mom sure does. So why don’t make her a delicious Succulent Lush chocolate cake smothered in melting vanilla ice cream.
makes 4-6 little Cakes:
- 1 mashed up banana
- 2 small apples pureed (make raw apple sauce by blending them)
- aprox. 130 grams flour i used half buckwheat, half oatmeal flour
- 1 chia egg (1 tsp chia seeds + water)
- dash of natron + 1 tbsp of baking powder
- aprox. 50 ml soda water
- spices: cinnamon, clove, koriander, ginger and allspice + dash of salt for extra flavor
- 3-4 Tbsp cacoa powder
- Mix the mashed banana and apple puree with the spices+cacao and a small amount of lemon juice.
- sift the flour and baking powder+soda into the mixing bowl. Add the chia egg and combine well.
- Add a splash of soda water if the mixture is too dry. take adjustments if you feel to do so. Also please feel free to add/leave out any spices or cut up fruits.
- Fill into little baking tins and bake for 25-35 min at 180°C. stick a tooth stick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Make vanilla icecream and prepare the chocolate sauce.
- You can either let the cakes cool down or let the icecream melt away ontop of it (<-my preference ;p). place a big scoop ontop of the flat cakes.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over and sprinkle some pink himalayan sea salt over for a extra boost of flavor.
lots of love and chocolate, the blueeyedkitchencat xoxo