Last week I finally got to go food shopping again. After I hadn’t had much time to do so, my mom always run the errands when it came to filling up the fridge and making sure we have something edible at home… at least most of the time . . . .
Anyways. As I was strolling by the fruit stands I spotted my favorite dried food product –> DRIED MANGO
You have to know, I used to buy these all the time but they got pretty pricey over the past few months so I stopped putting them onto my shopping list and ignored them completely.
Ignorance sometimes is easier than acceptance especially If you have grown such a big love towards an object that hardly ever survives more than 5 hours you sometimes just have to let go…
NOTE: we are talking about a food item.
Anyways, I did buy them this time and made some delicious Mango Bliss Balls 🙂
and because I was in the spirit I also made a Healthy snack Video :*
- 100-200 grams dried mango
- 50-70 grams oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinammon
- half a lemon
- soak the dried mango in water for 2-4 hours
- Drain the soaked mango pieces and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- blend the mango, lemon and cinnamon up and make some oatelour by shredding the oats in a food processor (pulse-blending works best)
- Mix everything together with the coconut oil and taste test it. Adjust with a little bit of sweetener of choice, salt, spices and or oder dried fruits.
HINT: The texture should be somewhat dry and crumbly yet firm and formable. Just like play-do 😉
- Once everything is well combined scoop the dough out onto a chopping board and form little bite-sized energy balls.
- put the into the fridge and leave them there for about 4 hours so that the coconut oil can harden again and the Balls won’t get out of shape.
- Roll them in cinnamon if you’d like and Voilá finished are your bite sized, energy filled Bliss Balls.
I hope you enjoy these delicious energy Bites and will give them a try :*
Lots of Love and Flavor, Blueeyedkitchencat ❤